Search among the questions
other users have already asked.
Learn how to use
and work with Archipad.
Watch short videos
on how to use Archipad.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compatible with all iPads and iPad mini.
- Requires iOS 8.0 or more recent.
- Currently, Archipad is an only iPad app.
- In the office, create your project, add work packages, and import your drawings.
- On the construction site, create a new visit. Select the drawing, point the location where you want an observation, and enter details for the observation, maybe adding a photo.
- While still on site, or back in the office, generate your report and send it out to the contractors and others that need your punch list.
- To synchronize one project on several iPads, each account accessing the project must have a Premium account.
- You can not work on several iPads using the same account. Each iPad must be connected with a different account.
- Supported file formats are PDF, DWF and pictures.
- Drawings can be scaled or reduced by 400%. Pinch using two fingers to zoom.
- Storage of drawings is limited by iPad capacity (drawings are on average 500K, so store at least 1000 drawings).
- Using iTunes: connect your iPad to your computer, then select your iPad in iTunes. Click the Apps tab and scroll to the File Sharing section, and drop your drawings on Archipad.
- Using Dropbox: open the drawing in Dropbox, then tap the "Open in..." and choose Archipad.
- Using Archipad: add the drawing to your Dropbox, then tap the "Import from Dropbox" button.
- Using mail: open the attached drawing in your mail on iPad and tap the "Open in..." button and choose Archipad.
- Import your drawings as described above.
- Open the project to which you want to add the drawing, and in the list on the left select the Drawings button. Then touch the "New drawing" button and select the drawing from the list, of choose the "Import from Dropbox" option.
- When you need to update a drawing on which you have already added observations, import the modified drawing as described above and touch the "Update drawing" button that will show on the original drawing.
- The name of the modified drawing must be identical, and you must also make sure that the scale and orientation of the drawing are identical, or the dots of existing observation will not show in the right location.
- If you import a multi-page PDF document with several drawings, only the first page/drawing will be imported.
- Any description for an observation that you create will be proposed for futur observations you create, for the same work package.
- We strive to minimize the amount of text you have to enter on your iPad.
- When you create an observation, they are fields that you are to enter. Later on, simply select the observation from the list or directly on the drawing, and edit the information.
- Touch the observation's dot on the drawing, or
- Select the observation from the list on the left.
- Currently you can only add one photo or sketch to an observation. You can also draw a sketch on a photo you add.
- Generate your report and touch the share button. You can send the report and drawings directly by mail to the participants of the meeting.
- Not yet, this option will arrive in a futur version of Archipad.
- Absolutely, touch the observation to move, and drag it to it's desired location.
- Return to the very first screen, which is the project selector screen. Select one of the projects in the list, or open a project from Archipad Cloud, shared with you by another iPad, or create a new project.
- Not yet, but soon you will be able to manage teams using Archipad Cloud. You can however share projects with other Archipad users using Import and Export.
A quick overview of Archipad in video
Watch these videos for a quick overview of Archipad. After you have watched these videos, you will know how to benefit from using Archipad, and how it will help you save time and better manage your construction projects.
Create a new project
Creating a new project is the first step to use Archipad. Learn how to create a project and how to use projects.
Add a work package
To assign an observation to those that should solve it, you create work packages. In this video, you will learn how to create and edit work packages.
Copy drawings to your iPad
Discover how you copy drawings to your iPad and import them in Archipad, with your computer and without Internet access, using iTunes
Import PDF or DWF drawings
Next, you will want to import drawings to position the observations. Learn the different options for importing drawings into Archipad in this video.
Start a meeting
The meetings section is where you will spend most of your times in Archipad. Learn how to manage the attendees, convene for the next meeting, and add extra information to a meeting.
How to add observations
Add an observation is simple: select the drawing and point at the location, directly on the drawing. Also learn how to edit descriptions and add photos and sketches.
Mark observations as done
If to add an observation is easy, to mark an observation, it's child's play ! Learn how to mark an observation as done with one swipe of your finger.
Archipad now fully supports meetings minutes. Discover how to categorize your report, paragraphs, styles and concerned peoples.
Synchronise several iPads
For those who work with several iPads on a project, at some point you want to synchronise the work done on those iPads. Learn how to use Archipad Cloud to synchronize several iPads.
The last step, but not the least, is to send a report of your meeting. In this video, you will learn the different report options, how to personalize your reports, and how to send a report while you're still on site.
Export to iTunes
Export your reports to iTunes in order to save them on your computer, work on the Excel documents, or integrate the information from Archipad into your back-office.